Skip to main content

Frequently-Asked Questions Q&A Updated:2020-05-05 16:41

  • 1. Maritime cabotage is the right to transport passengers or cargo within R.O.C. coastal waters. Ship sailing with a foreign flagged,however, do need a cabotage certificate from the responsible regional Water,according to the Shipping Act.

    2. R.O.C. Vessel Carrier is required to have one R.O.C.-flagged ship at least.(Also, the Captain is the R.O.C. national) A ship may apply for registering as a R.O.C.-flagged ship Under any one of the following conditions:

        1. The ship is owned by the R.O.C. government.
        2. The ship is owned by a R.O.C. national. 

        3. The ship is owned by any of the following companies, which are established under the R.O.C. laws,     with principal offices situated within the R.O.C. territory:
            (1) An unlimited company, of which all shareholders are R.O.C. nationals.
            (2) A limited company, of which at least half of the capital is owned by R.O.C. nationals, and the director         authorized to represent such company is a R.O.C. national.
            (3) A joint company, of which all shareholders with unlimited liabilities are R.O.C. nationals.

            (4) A company limited by shares, of which the chairman of the board and at least half of the directors are         R.O.C. nationals, and at least half of the capital is owned by R.O.C. nationals.

        4. The ship is owned by a juridical corporate, which is established under the R.O.C. laws, with its main office
        situated within the R.O.C. territory and at least two-thirds of the members and the statutory representative     being R.O.C. nationals.
    (Refers to article 5, the Law of ships)

    Publish Date:2020-05-05 16:30 Last Verify Time:2020-05-05 16:41
  • The Operation Vessels of offshore transportation (cargo & passengers) service involves the issues of market opening and the rights of Maritime cabotage. At present, the rights of many countries in the world are reserved to their national-flagged ships,including the United States, Canada, Japan,South Korea, and China. Meanwhile, there are special agreements among EU countries. It is also not open to non-EU countries.
    Publish Date:2020-05-05 16:31 Last Verify Time:2020-05-05 16:31
  • (一) According to Article 3 of the Shipping Act, operators who engage in the transportation of cargo and passengers between the international ports and the wind farms must obtain a Carrier license before they can start business and carry cargo and passengers. The operation vessels they operate must have the certificates to ensure their seaworthiness and loadability.

    (二) According to Article 4 of the Shipping Act, Maritime cabotage is the right to transport passengers or cargo within R.O.C. coastal waters. Ship sailing with a foreign flagged, however, do need a cabotage certificate from the responsible regional Water. Therefore, the special permit pf foreign flagged vessels is in accordance with:

        1. Principle: Under the conditions that the R.O.C flagged vessel cannot meet the operator's transportation needs,     and does not affect the temporary, sudden, and special transportation needs, the principle of "prohibition in     principle, exception in permit" will be adopted for review, approval on a case-by-case basis, After confirming that     R.O.C. flagged vessels could not meet the transportation needs of the operators, the principle agree to the     transportation between the international ports and the wind farms for a period of not more than six months.

        2. Application:

        (1) Applicant: An offshore developer apply and entrust the R.O.C. Carrier, or entrust the R.O.C Shipping Agency     as an authorized client in accordance with Article 3 of the Shipping Act to handle the application.

        (2) Documents to be prepared: In order to charter the foreign-flagged vessels to transport cargo and     passengers between the international ports and the windfarm, please refer to the details as applications     and announcements as the attachments. Which includes "The berthing permit from Water Management     Authority" that is equivalent to " The Letter of Consent Letter for the operation vessel List" issued by the     authority BOE, the Ministry of Economy.

    Publish Date:2020-05-05 16:31 Last Verify Time:2020-05-05 16:31
Back to the top