Built in 1882, located on top of Peiting Tao, Xiamen district, is a painted white brick round tower. The lantern was damaged in World War II. In 1947, an iron tripod was a temporary light post. The tower was repaired in 1986, and the lantern was replaced to the top of the tower. The tower was established due to the fact that the island has a narrow shape with reefs at the north and south ends that become a dangerous sea area when in high tide.
|Lat. N(GRS67、WGS84):||24 25 43.9|
|Long. E(GRS67、WGS84):||118 30 11.1|
0.5s L & 1.0s D
0.5s L & 8.0s D
|Elevation of light Mtr.(ft.):||36.3 (119)|
|Nominal range miles:||11.3|
|Structure and Height Mtr.(ft.):||White round brick tower 17.5(57.4)|
Visible 230ﾟ - 130ﾟ
Fog gun signal temporarily suspended.
|Position:||Summit of Peiting Tao|