This iron frame lighthouse was built in 1914, located on a sandbank at Kouhu Township, Yunlin County.
The unstable sandbank affected the safety of ships in that area, therefore the tower was built. However, the
foundation of the lighthouse has been rebuilt several times due to the shifting of the sandbank, which is the most rebuilt station in lighthouse history.
|Lat. N(GRS67、WGS84):||23 27 11.8、23 27 05.5|
|Long. E(GRS67、WGS84):||120 01 23.9、120 01 53.1|
0.6s L & 3.4s D
|Elevation of light Mtr.(ft.):||15.7(51.5)|
|Nominal range miles:||11|
|Structure and Height Mtr.(ft.):||Black square metal framework Tower 14.1(46)|
|Position:||Wai San Ting Chou,west coast of Taiwan|