Built in 1939, located on highland of northwest of Lu Tao Township, Taitung County. It is a round concrete tower painted white. In 1938, the cruise “President Hoover” was wrecked on the hidden reef, and more than 1,000 passengers were saved by the locals. In the following year, the Red Cross society of the U.S. A. showed the appreciation by donating money to build the current lighthouse.
|Lat. N(GRS67、WGS84):||22 40 41.0、22 40 34.6|
|Long. E(GRS67、WGS84):||121 27 30.3、121 27 59.3|
|Elevation of light Mtr.(ft.):||48.2(158)|
|Nominal range miles:||25.7|
|Structure and Height Mtr.(ft.):||White round concrete tower 33.3(109)|
|Remarks:||Visible all round, except where obscured by high land of this island.|
|Position:||North-West coast of Lu Tao,off south-east coast of Taiwan|