Fukwei Chiao Lighthouse was built in 1897 and located at Shimen Township, Taipei County. The tower was made in iron with octagonal shape, and remodeled into an octagonal concrete tower in 1962. It was painted black and white horizontal bands, and is the northernmost lighthouse in Taiwan. This station was the second lighthouse built by Japanese for the sake of constructing a submarine cable and navigation system between Japan and Taiwan. The thick fog climate often forms in fall and winter times, so a fog horn was set up in the tower, which was the first route marking in Taiwan.
|Lat. N(GRS67、WGS84):||25 18 00.0、25 17 53.6|
|Long. E(GRS67、WGS84):||121 31 42.0、121 32 11.7|
|Elevation of light Mtr.(ft.):||31.4(103)|
|Nominal range miles:||26.8|
|Structure and Height Mtr.(ft.):||Octagonal reinforced concrete tower painted in W. & B. horizontal bands 14.3(47)|
An Electromagnetic Fog Signal installed in this station
Frequency of Sound:300Hz.
Blast 3 Sec.
Silent 27 Sec.
Period 30 Sec.
Audibility Range:3 miles (Approx)