Chiutzu Shan lighthouse was established in 1956 on the top of Chiutzu Shan by the west side of Keelung Harbor. This is the first lighthouse designed and constructed by Taiwanese, and the initial plan was to line up with the Keelung lighthouses at the entrance of west side harbor. After 1991, reefs around the Keelung harbor were demolished, and the station thus replaced by other lighthouses and light posts. The original station was a rectangular concrete tower painted white, and then painted green after it was deactivated.
|Lat. N(GRS67、WGS84):||25 08 53.0、25 08 46.5|
|Long. E(GRS67、WGS84):||121 44 08.5、121 44 38.1|
Oc. W. 5sec.
3.0s L & 2.0s D
|Elevation of light Mtr.(ft.):||122.2(401)|
|Nominal range miles:||16.6|
|Structure and Height Mtr.(ft.):||White square concrete tower 11.9(39)|
|Remarks:||Visible 137ﾟ - 257ﾟ except where obscured by Yeh-liu Pan-tao, Pai-mi-weng Shan and Chilung Tao. Temporarily not functioning.|
|Position:||ChiuTzu Shan, Chilung Harbour|